Round 1 of Leading the Way is now closed to new applications. Round 2 will open in Autumn 2022.
The Virgin Money Foundation and Power To Change launch Leading The Way: A leadership programme for community enterprises.
To find out about the first Cohort of community leaders click here
We will be recruiting a second cohort of 10 community leaders in the North East of England and 10 community leaders in Yorkshire and the Humber to join our learning programme, which will take place from March 2023 to June 2024 (16 months). You will be grouped by region so you can build valuable relationships with other community enterprises in your area. In person group learning sessions for the North East cohort will take place in Newcastle, and in Leeds for the Yorkshire and the Humber cohort.
The programme consists of:
- In person group learning sessions every six weeks to build your technical management skills and leadership capabilities, learning alongside people running organisations like yours, so you can help each other out. There will be 10 full day in person sessions, plus a final event to celebrate your achievements. You can use your grant to cover travel costs.
- Tailored one-to-one specialist support between group sessions to assist your learning, provide practical support to put your learning into practice and to focus on particular technical challenges or skills development to suit your needs.
- Access to one-to-one coaching for the duration of the programme to support your personal development.
- A programme mentor for each cohort who will work with you to identify your development goals and co-produce a tailored development plan. The programme mentor will be your point of contact during the programme and also hosts the group learning sessions and facilitates learning between leaders.
- Site visits and online inspirational talks from leaders who have been on a similar journey to you, including Q&A sessions.
- Access to the in person group learning sessions and online talks for another relevant member of your organisation’s team to further build the capabilities and impact of your organisation.
- An £8,000 grant for your organisation to support your development as a leader and the impact of your organisation.